Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Maxx- New Comic Content Wednesdays

The Maxx was an image comic from the 90's by Sam Keith.  Keith had a really unique artistic style that fit this reality warping comic very well.  The comic actually had an MTV animated series based on it as well, but I don't think I ever saw it.  Julie was one of the first realistic depictions of a woman in comics that I can remember.  Sure she was maybe overly veluptuous, but she didn't have the classical perfect comic body. 





3 comments:

SilverPixieFly said...

I got the MTV cartoon on VHS for my husband one year. I had never seen it before that, I just knew that he loved it. It was amazing.

DEZMOND said...

she turns into that purple monster? Or it's her sidekick? :)

Budd said...

He is her protector from her dream world that seams to be crossing into her reality.