Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Canticle For Leibowittz

A Canticle for Leibowitz (St. Leibowitz, #1)A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book takes place in between the events that most books would actually be about. It basically follows a cloister of monks whose mission it is to protect knowledge. This covers a huge swath of time. It is probably the only science fiction story that I have ever read that paints the Catholic religion in a positive light. It is a very strange yet very compelling book. I took away a star because I felt that the third act was a bit weaker than the other two and it was a lot more abstract and left many questions unanswered. Amazing book though, highly recommended.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

SteveB said...

I enjoyed this too. A lot of times, "classics" let me down because often they're trailblazers and maybe not all that good. This was both.